Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Thinking about purchasing? Feel free to post any questions you may have prior to purchasing.
BlessIsaacola
Follower
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Contact:

Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby BlessIsaacola » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 pm

J-

Congratulations on the release of MSU Series 2.0. Great work on the added features and the improvement in speed. I have a few questions for you.

You mentioned the possibility to set URI mode for products (products can be placed in root directory or in structured categories.) - what's the advantage of doing this?

If product is placed in root directory when upgrading to series how does this affect all pages that are already indexed by the search engines?

You mentioned "Prevents possible duplicate content penalties - no duplicate content available on the different URLs" Does this means that the problem with Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing url tag issue is now solved? In the past when this feature is enabled it messes functionality that requires url tags like Google Adwords.

The special limited offer of 39 Euros includes copyright notice. Can you please post the copyright notice that is included?

Is the only way to remove the copyright to buy the one for 69 Euros?

If I select iso-8859-1 during purchase, is it possible to later change to utf-8?

Thanks!
http://www.clevershoppers.com - Where Clever People Shop!
Magic SEO URLs for CRE Loaded

inveo
Inveo Support
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby inveo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

BlessIsaacola wrote:You mentioned the possibility to set URI mode for products (products can be placed in root directory or in structured categories.) - what's the advantage of doing this?


The reason why this was added is because every second customer has been asking us whether it is possible or not. I can not tell you what is better.

BlessIsaacola wrote:If product is placed in root directory when upgrading to series how does this affect all pages that are already indexed by the search engines?


Products originally placed in structured categories will be redirected to new locations (however you can set MSU 2.0 to use same URIs to products like 1.0 series did)

BlessIsaacola wrote:You mentioned "Prevents possible duplicate content penalties - no duplicate content available on the different URLs" Does this means that the problem with Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing url tag issue is now solved? In the past when this feature is enabled it messes functionality that requires url tags like Google Adwords.


This was solved long time ago with 1.1 version which was available as free update.

BlessIsaacola wrote:The special limited offer of 39 Euros includes copyright notice. Can you please post the copyright notice that is included?


It looks like this (in case of ZenCart version):

(c)2009 ZenCart SEO by Inveo s.r.o.

(copyright notice can be styled via CSS IDs)

BlessIsaacola wrote:Is the only way to remove the copyright to buy the one for 69 Euros?


Yes (it is same price like 1.1 had).

BlessIsaacola wrote:If I select iso-8859-1 during purchase, is it possible to later change to utf-8?


Yes.

BlessIsaacola
Follower
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby BlessIsaacola » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response. Technically, I am not sure I agree that the duplicate content protection problem is solved. It is solve ONLY if Google Adwords, Yahoo Overture, etc. is not use by the site. Per you own instruction pasted below from msu_tweak.ini, you recommend disabling duplicate content protection.

Code: Select all

; @name: Strict URLs
; @description: enable or disable strict URLs
;               (enabling provides better duplicate content protection,
;                disabling is required when you are using Google AdWords, Yahoo! Overture etc.).
; @var: boolean
; @default: false
; @range: true or false
; @recommended: false
; @.htaccess: re-generation is required


So I will ask the question again. Is it possible to have duplicate content protection and STILL use Google Adwords, Yahoo Overture, etc. without messing up the url?

That's really too bad that there is no upgrade discount without forcing two linkbacks.
http://www.clevershoppers.com - Where Clever People Shop!

inveo
Inveo Support
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby inveo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 am

BlessIsaacola wrote:So I will ask the question again. Is it possible to have duplicate content protection and STILL use Google Adwords, Yahoo Overture, etc. without messing up the url?


Strict URLs option has been completely removed and MSU is now running with this option disabled, because we find out that only few customers appreciated such option.

The answer to your question: no it is not technically possible (imagine: Google or Yahoo change the parameter which is added to URL and then what.... :-) )

BlessIsaacola wrote:That's really too bad that there is no upgrade discount without forcing two linkbacks.


It is not an upgrade option but simply special offer.

BlessIsaacola
Follower
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby BlessIsaacola » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 pm

For those that already upgraded, can you please post your experience?
http://www.clevershoppers.com - Where Clever People Shop!

BlessIsaacola
Follower
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby BlessIsaacola » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Is there reason that you did not create an upgrade version for this mod? It seems not user friendly to cough up another 69 euros just to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0. Most mods/applications usually have an upgrade path without having to buy full version.
http://www.clevershoppers.com - Where Clever People Shop!

inveo
Inveo Support
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby inveo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:22 am

New 2.0 Series do not fix any critical (functional) bug, so the users of 1.x Series are not forced to make the upgrade to 2.0. Most of the 1.x Series users are satisfied with their SERPs positions, so they have no reason for changing anything. The last reason from our point of view is that current customers cost us much more resources than new users (count for example the number of support requests you have made...).

BlessIsaacola
Follower
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Contact:

Re: Upgrading from Series 1.0 to 2.0

Postby BlessIsaacola » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you so much for another solid product. I just installed version 2.0 and it was flawless. The documentation is very thorough and it's a great improvement over 1.0. I couldn't believe how much smaller the .htaccess file generated is even for 4 category levels.

Great Job!
http://www.clevershoppers.com - Where Clever People Shop!
Magic SEO URLs for CRE Loaded


Return to “Pre-Sales Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest